How it works
Becoming a member of the Share Shed:
- Pop into the Share Shed (by the Guildhall Yard, behind St Mary’s Church, on Totnes High Street) and fill in a form, bringing in a form of ID with your name and address on it.
- You’ll be asked to read and agree with the Borrower’s Agreement (you can read it here).
- As you complete the activation of your account, you’ll be asked a donation to the project (between £1 and £10). Please note: These donations are a crucial part of keeping the Share Shed alive and ensuring the longevity of the project.
Once you are a member of the Share Shed:
- You can borrow any item in stock – see our inventory here.
- The borrowing period is one week, from Saturday to Saturday.
- To borrow an item we ask for a donation (between £0.50 and £5, depending on the item). We are trying to keep costs low in order to be as accessible as possible, and by donating a small amount you are helping to ensure that the good work at the Share Shed can continue.
- Bring items back on the agreed date, so they can be available for others to borrow.
- Enjoy sharing!
Visit the Share Shed (by the Guildhall Yard, behind St Mary’s Church, on Totnes High Street) with some form of ID, a proof of address and a contribution between £1 and £10, and sign up to become a member. You’ll pay a nominal fee from £0.50 to £5 for each item borrowed, helping to ensure the project’s sustainability. You can check the inventory to see what is available. Each item is borrowed initially for a week (from Saturday to Saturday, with the possibility of extending this period according to your needs), and then it is returned so someone else can borrow it.
Donating your stuff
Could you spare a few hours a week volunteering at the Share Shed? Or would you like to support us at one of our local events? Or perhaps you could help with publicity? We welcome any help! Please contact us if you are interested in helping out.
Support this cause
There are many ways you can support the Share Shed:
- Become a member
- Volunteer at the Share Shed
- Donate useful items that are in good/working condition
- Donate money, so we can continue funding the project
- Stay in touch and help to spread the word!
- If you have any further ideas, questions or suggestions then please!
- Belt sander
- Bivvy Bag
- Camping equipment (bed/stove/tents)
- Carpet cleaner
- Decorating materials
- Drone with camera
- Display boards
- Electric bike
- Floor sander
- Garden hose
- Hammer drill
- Heat gun
- Hedge Trimmer
- Jig Saw tool
- Musical instruments
- Pressure washer
- SDS drill
- Sewing machine
- Stair gates
- Video camera
- Wheel chair
- Window cleaning materials
We are located by Guildhall Yard (behind Saint Mary's Church), off Totnes High Street. We're open from 10am to 1pm every Saturday.